Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I let my baby play with needles

Yes, that's right. As I'm sitting here messaging my bff I'm listen to the sounds of Emma, who's 1, play with my crochet needles. OK, I guess the correct term is crochet *hooks*, but then the titled wouldn't have been so attention grabbing, would it?

I also let her climb stairs... it's her *most* favorite pastime! The bad thing about it is that if I'm not on my toes, she is up the stairs in a flash without me! She has fallen on them at least twice. She's flipped out of her swing more than once, too. I let her wrestle with the dogs.

Why am I tattling on myself? I dunno. *shrug* I just have a hard time denying her these simple little pleasures while I can still watch over her. Brooklyn is living proof - blatant and in my face - that they're not going to be babies forever! There are so many harder, more difficult battles that lay ahead of us as parents that playing with a couple of needles - ok, hooks - doesn't seem so bad.

Whoever calls CPS is on my official Tired Mom hit list!!

No comments: