Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy SPD!

First off, Happy St. Patrick's Day!

There was a time - it's getting farther and farther behind me - that I would have *something* to look forward to on this day... Mom's corned beef & cabbage, cornbread and honey butter, a couple of drinks with friends... Now my SPD plans are filled with making and then eating my OWN corned beef & cabbage, cornbread and honey butter, (it's good, but not the same as when mom makes it) and making sure I'm up on whatever school plans the girls have for today! This week happens to be Spirit Week at school and today is Duck Tape day... *scratching head*. So, not only are my girls wearing their greens that Grammy got them, but my eldest is decked out with Duck Tape - hot pink and hot green! haha

Oh, and I really think Old Navy pulled a fast one on this tired mom... Just about every year I get the $5 St. Patrick's Day t-shirts for my honey and me. I did the same this year, however it didn't really sink in that they are basically pointless if you're wearing them for a little green. Mine happens to be navy with white writing... Honey's is grey/heather with white writing. I'm just tired enough to not care *too* much, but I wonder if it was a ploy by ON to see if people would still buy them?! lol I mean, a little speck of green *SOMEWHERE* would be nice... haha

So anyway, I hope all zero of you that follow my blog have a safe and happy SPD!!!

No comments: