- Today I became a college student... again.
- ...after 10+ years of being a mommy and wife.
- I was early. This hardly ever, ever, ever happens. I am normally fashionably unfashionably late... even weekly things that we do every week... happenings that are at the SAME time every week... late. that's me.
- I've had quite a bit of anxiety about starting back to school because
- I feel like I have the brain of a 3rd grader... it feels like mush
- I'm starting back with a class that should be taken shortly after Math 4...
- I took Math 4 10-12 years ago.
- Did I mention I was early?
- Being 34... I totally thought I was gonna be the oldest person in the class. I'm not. There was a much older man in there.
- The handicapped stall in the women's bathroom has a mirror directly across from the toilet. I do. not. need to see myself while on the toilet. Ever.
- I had to park WAY far away but I was still early. I enjoyed the walk.
- The teacher - or is it professor - was 10 minutes late. But that's ok because he's funny.
- He moved the start time of the class to 8:10, not 8. He said if we're there at 8:10, we're not late, but on time. If we arrive at 8:11, we're 11 minutes late. Logical, yes?
- We went over the syllabus - kinda.
- He told us we didn't need our books (that I paid over a hundo for).
- I only need 399 points to pass the class with a C, but I think I'm going to aim a little higher this time around. maybe.
- He had us get into lil groups and discuss a very important question that had everything to do with Math 5.
- Two people were in the wrong class and had to walk out as we all watched them. One guy was in the wrong building entirely. I'm glad that wasn't me.
- I had a little piece of all of my family with me. Brooklyn's backpack from last year. I used one of my Honey's pencils with the Carpenter info on it. I had Brenna's binder and folder. The binder and folder had Emma's beautiful artwork all over the inside. Having the reminders of my family mad me smile.
- The teach let us out at 8:50.
- The class wasn't scheduled to be out until 9:50.
- I didn't hear anyone complain.
"If you had the opportunity to be truly happy for 365 days, BUT it's erased from your mind on Day 366, would you still want to have that experience?"
Topic two was more of a "Would you" scenario...
"I have $20,000 to offer you, BUT you cannot bathe, brush your teeth or wear deodorant for 3 months... would you do it?"
What are your thoughts on the two scenarios. I will do another post in a couple of days with the way I answered and some of the different answers others in the class gave.
- I'm looking forward to rockin' this class!