Tuesday, March 24, 2009

He still speaks...

In a still and quiet voice... He whispers sweet peace to me...

No, I'm not crazy. Seriously, I'm not. I was reading a sister-blogger's post, and then another... about the constant struggles for improvement, betterment, assistance, acceptance, strength, knowledge and peace. It seems we are all going through a little of the same things - stemming from completely different reasons. It is so easy to get overwhelmed and weighed down. I can feel this sinking despair on a daily basis... why try, anymore? I'm so disgusted and annoyed with the way things are... it's too much work... I can't do it... I'm so tired.

And then I heard Him... in the form of a song.

"Come unto me... I will give you rest...
Take my yoke upon you, Hear me and be blessed;
I am meek and lowly, Come and trust my might
Come, my yoke is easy, and my burden's light."

A few other lines that jump out:

"Do unholy feelings stuggle in your breast?"
"Hear the thender Shepherd, "Come to Me and rest."
"Have you by temptations often conqureed been,
Has a sense of weakness brought distress within?"
"Christ will sanctify you, if you'll claim His best"
"Bring Me every burden, bring Me every care."

How often do I get pulled down into my own chaotic sense of despair? As an adult I have found myself carrying all of this anger, resentment, guilt, torture, jealousy, rage and worry... and for what?! Why do I hang on to it? I have such control issues... I want to hang on to everything and figure it out myself?! I apparently am unable to do it myself or I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in... living the same flawed way, making the same flawed decisions time and again.

I found a couple of pictures that sum up the peace that Matthew 11:28-30 bring to me. He is our Father and He will take care of us... it feels so good to know that He is just there.... waiting to help... waiting for us to get out of our own way... I love the pictures of him with the kids... How good that will feel to be in His loving embrace!



No comments: