Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hard.

Today was hard.
It was the kind of day that makes a mommy need that alone time!

Emma has been sick (dx with an ear infection and sore throat). She started running a fever last Saturday but had still been in a pretty good mood throughout everything.

Then there was today.

She woke up from her nap cranky... and it just all snowballed from there! She didn't want up, she didn't want down, she didn't want milk, she didn't want juice, she wanted to eat, but then wouldn't eat, she wanted her momma, then wanted her daddy... rinse & repeat through bedtime!

I don't even know where I'm going with this post, but I just had to get it out there.

Even though this has been a hard day for me the both of us, I know that when she's grown and I'm looking back, wondering "howinthesamhill" time passed us by so quick... this will not be one of the days I remember. This most likely will not be the last day where I feel tried and smothered and at my wits end... but I'm not going to remember those days.

At least not nearly as clearly as I'll remember this day.
And definitely this one!
It is hard to stay "flustered" when I'm reminded of how she is the other 98% of the time.

.... precious?!
OK... my heart has melted. I'm ready for tomorrow...

1 comment:

BHRMAMA said...

What a good post! Hope tomorrow is much much better for ya!