Thursday, January 29, 2009

Key.

So everynight, I watch the girls go up the stairs to bed, followed by hubby and the baby. They are moments I come to appreciate and anticipate! Once they're all snug in their beds, that is what I consider to be my "alone time". It's basically the only part of the day where I have complete and utter silence... time to think... time to veg, time to do whatever I want without being interupted. I can even go to the bathroom without hearing the little knock at the door... usually, anyway.

On most nights, I stay up to watch the shows that *I* want to watch. Grey's, Private Practice, Lipstick Jungle, episodes of Dr. Phil I'm not caught up on... ya know, the stuff that isn't quite suitable for the girlies. I also love to crochet so I do that, too. On average I've been staying up until 11:30 pm. Tuesday night I stayed up until 12:44 AM, finishing a hat I told Brooklyn I'd make for her. It turned out super cute, btw! She's worn it to school for the past two days so I'm guessing she likes it, too. I'll have to take a picture of it and post it...

So anyway, yesterday I was dragging butt all day long, feeling depressed and tired and ravenous - yes, my cravings were off the chart yesterday, too. I didn't want to put any thought into ANYTHING, I didn't want to take care of ANY business, which there is ALWAYS business to take care of... I played with the idea of having my loving hubby watch the kids while I took a nap, but then decided that would only keep up later again. So, I went to bed at 9 and got a GOOD 9 hours of sleep.

The difference in the way I feel today versus yesterday is monumental! And I'm not being dramatic! I want to interact with the kids on a different level, my eating and cravings are under control, and I've been taking care of business!

Sleep is key. Alone time is key. However, I should not be sabatoging one to get the other. That is key. I think I'm going to have to let Dh in on some of these "keys" so that he can help me with the alone time. =o)

No comments: