Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I forgot

I completely forgot how relaxing reading my favorite blogs could be.

I forgot that I had two blogs of my own.

I keep forgetting that it's important for me to keep on top of these. Not because I'm so sure that people *need* to read what I have to say, but because I *need* to make sure I'm taking time for myself. Even if I'm just rambling to myself and not making much sense, this is still ten or fifteen minutes out of the day that I'm focusing on myself and my own thoughts.

I'm not changing diapers, or fixing breakfast, or wiping noses, or crocheting, or cleaning the kitchen, the bathroom, the front room, or folding laundry, or getting snacks, or doing any other thing in my mundane list of chores that should be getting done everyday.

So basically, I'm taking a small step to *not forget* myself this year. It sounds like such a small, easy thing, but I know a lot of mommies probably struggle with the same problem.

Reading blogs and blogging myself isn't necessarily going to make the difference between my sanity and insanity, however it's just one small slice of the "Me" pie!

Some other things that I like to do that help to relieve some of the mommy/daycare/wifey/housemaid stress kinks are to:
  • get pedicures - I also love include a little sister time and go with my sister when possible
  • go shopping sans kids - whether it's grocery, clothing or retail therapy, it's nice to get out without the hassle that three children can create
  • go to a movie - I have to say that I have no shame in leaving the Hubs with the kids and taking in a move *by myself*. It doesn't happen often, but if things are really piling up on me, this is a good alternative to going postal!
  • create something *not* for the business - I know this doesn't sound like much of a break, but actually creating something for my kids or just something new that isn't being created out of necessity can be quite relaxing and rewarding.
Looking at my list I can see that it wouldn't hurt to find a few more "me" activities! Maybe even adding the exercise in there (gah)... What do you do for yourself to make sure that you're not a crazy momma?!