Monday, January 10, 2011

21 Day Challenge - Day 1 - Junk Drawer

So I've decided that for the next 21 days, I'm going to take part in a cleaning/organizing challenge. Everyone else is on day 9, I think, but I'm on Day 1. (I'm gonna blame this on the surgery)! =o) If you want to learn more about it, it originates from a great blog; a bowl full of lemons.

So here it is, Day 1 - the Junk Drawer
I didn't really feel like it was outrageously nasty, but it definitely needed some cleaning!


The first step is to empty it out and clean it. It took all of 2 mins to do that part.

Then I just put the lil Dollar Store baskets back in there and started putting the items back that I've actually used within the last couple of months.
Going through all the junk that I didn't realize was actually in there is what took the longest. Empty gum packets, broken stuff, kids school supplies (that actually belonged somewhere completely different).

You're supposed to put things in keep, giveaway, throwaway/garbage boxes but I didn't actually find anything that I would find worthy of donating or giving away. I'm sure that box will come in handy in the next 20 days, though.

So here it is, my nicer and cleaner junk drawer. I still don't think it looks super organized, but it'd definitely more clean without all that other stuff in there.

From start to finish, it took me 24 minutes!
If you want to read more about the challenge, you can click on the following button!!


No comments: