Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 3 - Tupperware Cabinet

So this my Day 3, although I skipped a couple on the calendar! It's my prerogative, right? Actually, on the real day 3, I was run down and sore from the surgery... something about doing too much and not taking it easy to give myself time to heal. And then Day 4 was my birthday.... 'nough said!

So Day 3 is the Tupperware cabinet. Well, we don't have one. We have a Tupperware drawer that sits in the bottom of our pantry. The Hubs and I tend to get really stressed and aggravated if we have a ton of plastic tubs laying a round so we recently switched to a new type and just use that kind. No more sour cream or butter containers and lids floating all over.

However, you can see from this beaut that the drawer had been pulled out and had accumulated some items that *do not* belong in a Tupperware drawer... like the last two pieces of a loaf of bread. And then there's a can of beets.
I took the whole drawer out, cleaned it and organized what little we had and put it back in the drawer. All of that took about 3 minutes.
Then when I went to put it back... *SIGH*.... the sight of the pantry floor overwhelmed me. I couldn't just put my nicely organized Tupperware drawer among all of that chaos! There was all of the crap that gets tossed in without looking to make sure lands in the right spot.
So, I swept it all out to the middle of the floor.

*gag* *GROSS*

I called the Hubs in to take a look at the area that he was supposedly supposed to be keeping up on and got a shameful look in return. He helped to throw out all the trash and I fixed the rest of it so I could put the Tupperware drawer in.

And in, it is! You can also see the pantry floor now.
*shaking head*rolling eyes*shrugging*huffing and puffing*

I know that the Pantry is coming up, but it's definitely going to have to wait for another day! Here's a pic so you can see what I have in store for me.

I said "DON"T JUDGE"!!!



1 comment:

Noelle Spooner said...

No judgement here! Looks like you're off to a great start. I so need to start this project. Last night my hubby said we live like gypsys....then we sat down in front of the tv with Ice cream =)