Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday's Menu

In an attempt to simplify life, this tired mom has started writing up weekly menus. So far it's helping to keep me keep on task with dinners. Prior to writing down my menus it was a crapshoot whether or not dinner would actually get done. I notice that if I run out of an idea for a Saturday and/or Sunday and leave those days blank because I'm just not sure what we'll be doing those days that it's much easier to say, "Let's get takeout." So hopefully it'll also help save some money!

So here's this weeks' menu:

Monday: Oven Chicken Chow Mein
Tuesday: Chicken Tender Nuggets w/ honey mustard dressing
Wednesday: Leftovers of Chow Mein and/or chicken tenders
Thursday: Chuck Roast, potatoes, carrots, salad
Friday: Chuck Roast leftovers - it'll just be me and the girls - my Honey's goin' out of town
Saturday: blank - any ideas?
Sunday: blank again - usually a *Fender night

*Fender: My Honey's term for "Fend for yourself nights."

So here's tonight's recipe. It's a quick fix... I recommend a sidedish (ya know, hungry an hour later - Chinese food... haha), however we just ate it alone... and chased it down with some ice cream!

Oven Chow Mein
1 lb. meat (we used chicken but any will do)
1 pkg. frozen peas (optional in my house) =o)
1 onion, chopped
1 c celery, chopped
1 or 2 cans sliced mushrooms
1 can sliced water chestnuts - I chopped mine more
1 or 2 cans bean sprouts - I used 2
chow mein noodles
Mix the above in a 9x13 baking dish.
Mix and Heat: 1 can each of *Creama Mushroom, *Creama Celery and water
Pour soup mix over veggie/meat mix and BAKE at 350* for 30 minutes or until heated through.
We topped it with soy sauce and chow mein noodles! So yummy!
*Creama = Cream of...

No comments: