Monday, July 20, 2009

Weekend in Review

I know you're dying to know how our weekend went, so instead of waiting until you ask, I'm just gonna save you the trouble!

Friday night we (my lovin' man & I) found ourselves with one child. The youngest one. The two older girls roped Grammy and Poppi into another sleepover.

So we did the most exciting and wonderful thing ever!!!
We stayed in. Out of the heat. And vegged. With only 1 child!

It was Heavenly!
Saturday, since I was almost childless, Emma and I got up and did the grocery shopping.
We made a quick trip to Michael's to pick up some yarn and then headed for the SUPER Wal Mart. 3 hours later and all the shopping done, we headed home.
I made some "oh-so-yummy" BLT's for my Lovin' Man and me as I put away the groceries and then took a nice lil nap! Having one child is awfully time-freeing... is it too late to go back!? (OF COURSE I JEST!!!)

So, after my lil nap, I come downstairs to find the girls have returned - and we picked up another mouth to feed - my awesome nephew Cole! They were watching Lovin' Man play the Wii so I started in to the kitchen to whip up some "shoe lace onion rings".
I was just cutting up the onions when I received a phone call from my Sis (Auntie Kell). She was headed up to the lake - to a houseboat - and wanted to know if we wanted to come up....

Hmmm... Lemme think on that one for just a minute...

one-oh-something degrees outside... cooped up kids... no body of water here... huge (debatable) body of water there... Hmmmm... lemme think....
We dropped everything and ran!!!
These pictures are in random order, but I think you'll get the idear!
EmmyLou sittin' on Auntie Kell's lap - w/ a pretzel stickin out of her mouth

Emma in her lifevest... ready to go! She had been up to the houseboat with Kelly before and was SO READY to get back on it!

Emma munchin' on another pretzel


There were ducks on the other side!



She was making sure no one was paying attention to her as she inched towards the controls!



Half of the "crew" in the water... you'll notice I let this one slip in there - even though I'm in it!



This is my awesome nephew, Cole.



Brooklyn - maxin' & relaxin!



Brooklyn - getting tightened by Daddy...

(sidenote: Brooklyn failed to mention to mom and dad BEFORE swimming that she was having some ear pain! Can you guess what she was in severe pain from at the end of the night!?)





Here's Red... she loved it, too!



Talk about fun! Brenna had a load of it!




And my favorte - prolly 'cause it involves a lil hiney cheek!

(funny story: Mommy couldn't find Emma's swimming diapers, but figured it wouldn't matter since we were going to the lake, so she just went in like a big girl. We didn't notice any potty times outside of the water... Until, that is, Daddy went to change her when we were leaving and out popped a couple of treasures! LoL Right into his lap! LOL!)


I don't want to leave out Sunday, because Sunday was AWESOME! We went to church. Normally that's awesome enough, but a married couple were baptised and joined the church!!! Awesome way to spend a Sunday!
********************************
Stella B Designs also had a stellar weekend on Etsy! I think that the $10 beanie sales are a keeper!
I have a new item I'm needing feedback on - it will be up on the Stella B Designs blog soon!













1 comment:

BHRMAMA said...

Looks like lots of fun!! YAY for staying in and relaxing! Love the pics of the kids!