Friday, December 4, 2009

It's a hard lesson...

... and I'm not sure I'll ever fully learn it. Ok, maybe I'll learn it... it's just the accepting and *remembering* it that I have the problem with. And here it is...

Mommies are heroes. Mommies are grand. Mommies can do anything... except have an off day!

The *one* day that you show the first sign of weakness or loftiness or just plain tiredness...

... they can sense it. They know you're tired and not paying as close attention as you should be! It doesn't matter that you heard their peels of laughter & giggling and naively thought, "Oh, they're having fun with each other today! How cute!!"

*sigh*

Yeah.... no.

There are no days off in Mommyland...



Look at lil Blake... you can just read the thoughts on his poor, troubled face.
"I didn't do it, Brooke! I promise! Look, I'm stuck in here. Emma made me do it! I told her not to do it.... you believe me.... right?"

And then there's Emma... "Mom, I promise I didn.... oh, who am I fooling. Shaw-y, Mom."

Awww, but I sure do love the heck outta them!

4 comments:

Meier Family... said...

OOOHHH WOW!!! I don't know if I would freak or fall on the floor laughing my butt off at the sight of this. Never a dull moment with little ones around thats for sure.

aka Brooke said...

They got a stern talking-to when I first saw them... then the looks on their face had me fighting back the chuckles! haha That's when I turned and got the camera!

Unknown said...

Wow what a mess...what was that?

aka Brooke said...

It was sunblock!!! Why we still had sunblock out in December is beyond me... but it didn't take them long to find it!